Two thoughts right off the bat:  God bless this list and boy
do I hate electrical problems!

My dimly lit alternator light has gone away possibly because
I rewired a corroded connector from the ignition switch. But
instead, I now have no turn signals or hazard warning flashers.
I traced current with a test light right up to where the wire
goes into the turn signal switch (I have a 78 Spit with the
TR7 switches), but no current flows out again.  As a matter of
fact, if I turn on either turn signal, the test light at the
input wire goes out.

I did check the obvious and I don't have four burned out bulbs.

I'm thinking that I have a frayed wire that is shorting out, but
it seems strange that it would affect both sides.  In addition,
wouldn't the fuse blow?  I visually inspected the wiring to the
front of the car and it _looked_ good.  The back of course runs
a torturous course through bulkheads, under carpets, (to grandmothers
house we go...) and I just didn't have the heart to deal with it
tonight.  Ideally, I would like to disconnect the back circuit from
the front to see if I can get one to work and eliminate it from
troubleshooting, but the only way to do that is to cut the wires.
(I'm tempted to just cut out the whole section and splice in some
new wire and just lay it over the seats and armrest and be done with
it.)

I confess to being a compete idiot when it comes to auto electrics
(and about a billion other things) so any suggestions, test procedures,
plans of action etc would be most appreciated.

Thanks as always!

Greg Rowe