My apoligies. My poorly worded post seems to be asking about neon engine/transmission removal. I'm not, I'm asking about spitifre engine/transmission removal. The neon thing
was just my excuse to buy and own a hoist.

Sorry!

Greg Rowe

From: "Greg Rowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Was "Locate engine in gearbox" Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:49:34 -0400

Sorry to hijack this thread, but how easy is it to remove, or more accurately to replace, the motor and gearbox as a unit? My daughter was nice enough to blow the engine in her neon (no, you can't drive 20 miles at 60mph without any oil pressure) so I now own an engine hoist. Previously I had removed the spitfire engine by gutting the interior, pulling off the transmission, flywheel and cylinder head and then muscling it out with a 2X4 which was a bit of a project. Supposedly it's much easier pulling out the combined unit, but for reinstallation I can't imagine lining up the transmission mounts, reinstalling and bleeding the clutch slave cylinder, installing the backup lights and speedo cable etc without actually pulling the
transmission cover.

Words of wisdom sought.

Thanks!

Greg Rowe