In a message dated 1/22/2006 6:17:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I think that I dodged a bullet here. So here's my question. If I had lost oil to the point that my oil pressure fell and my oil pressure "Idiot" light came on, and if I immediately shut down the engine, would the loss of oil pressure would have already caused significant damage? ==AM== I'd say there's a good chance that it would NOT have caused significant damage. (How's THAT for a vague, noncomittal statement? :-) ) In my then-16-year-old stupidity, I inadvertently ran my first Herald's engine nearly dry of oil one day, to the point that it almost seized. Obviously, I decided to shut it down. Managed to walk to the nearest Gulf station and procure four cans (yeah, that's how long ago this was; they were cans, not plastic bottles!) of their finest Gulfpride 10W30. Got back to the car, poured all four quarts in, started up and drove away...and never had a similar problem again with that motor (although I did blow a head gasket a couple years later). Tough little beasts, these Triumphs! --Andy Mace Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html === This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register === http://www.vtr.org === Help keep Team.Net on the air === http://www.team.net/donate.html === unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try === http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool === Other lists available at === http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo === Archives at http://www.team.net/archive === http://www.team.net/the-local === Edit your replies!
