Probably a dumb question, but overdrives are new to me.

I just got a 79 spitfire with the J type OD. The car is not currently running. While I have the interior apart, I decided to test the wiring on the overdrive. I'm getting current down to the solenoid with the OD on and the car in third or fourth gear as I should be. However I cannot hear the solenoid "click" on and off as I shift from third to first (and yes the test light does properly go out as I shift to first).

Bum solenoid or does the engine need to be running for the solenoid to actually
make an audible sound?

Thanks!

Greg

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive