An so begun has the great winter project of removing the transmission. I've completed 2 days of work, and still the thing isn't out. Ugh. Those 4 nut & bolt combos on the flange at the rear were a royal pain. The black cowling around it made it almost impossible to get a wrench back there. The almost nonexistant gap between the nut(or bolt head) and the inner part of the flange gave very little angle to work with. Oh, and if you move it around, the car moves back & forth. Either way, with some persitence, I got the 4 flange bolts off.
With the magic of air tools, the bellhousing bolts came off. Among the worst offenders were the bolts holding on the starter motor, which, due to clearence, required me to do it one-handed with a ratchet & plain spanner. The clutch slave cylinder? Won't budge(even after loosening pinch bolt), so I drained the fluid and removed the hydraulic line. Darn, and I just re-bleeded it too this summer. The only thing I have yet to unbolt is the mounting plate near the rear. Once that is unbolted, I assume then the transmission is loose? I have yet to remove the exhaust(next step), and then build some support underneath. i assume then the transmission will hopefully come loose. With 12 hours of prep work(removing/labelling wires, interior gutting), just getting the transmission out is a longer process than I thought. BTW what's up with the weird list behavior? It's no longer multiple-messages-per daily format, but separate digests for 1 or 2 posts, or a whole bunch of posts every couple of days. Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html === This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register === http://www.vtr.org === Help keep Team.Net on the air === http://www.team.net/donate.html === unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try === http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool === Other lists available at === http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo === Archives at http://www.team.net/archive === http://www.team.net/the-local === Edit your replies!
