Australian listers...

My wife and I will be traveling to the "land down under" (when we get there, do
we refer to the USA as the "land up over?") Hopefully I haven’t already
offended anybody, but I digress...we will be returning from a cruise to Sydney
Australia, specifically Circular Quay where the ship docks.  We will be staying
overnight mid April, Wed to Thurs.  We are taking a harbor dinner cruise on Wed
night, leaving from King Street Warf but there are a dizzying number of four
and five star hotels in the areas we are looking at (Opera house, Darling
Harbor).  So as not to be too far from the Warf so that we could possibly walk
to the Warf to board our dinner cruise.  Anybody familiar with the downtown
Sydney area that could recommend a reasonable Hotel, and/or areas to avoid
while walking around??

Thanks in advance.

Barry and Rosanne Schwartz