At 12:36 PM 2/9/2005 -0600, you wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric F. Richards" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Shortwave Spy Numbers Stations" <spooks@mailman.qth.net> Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:54 Subject: Re: [Spooks] Sam on 6500 khz

Looks like the variations are probably just due to propagation, static, & other noise on the frequency at the time. The signal appears to have the same basic configuration.

Well, same basic *configuration* but I disagree that the variations are *solely* due to propagation, etc. Note this snapshot closeup I took:

    http://www.dim.com/~efricha/yosemite-sam3.gif

A little over a 5th of the way across, you can see one dark bar
far darker than the bars on either side, yet the "Varmint..."
part following has no sign of degradation.  Compare to other bars
where degradation is obvious (part of the bar has a signal drop along
with the adjacent bar, for example).

Also notable are the second and third sets of bars during the "Varmint"
part of the message, slightly offset from the initial ones.  You can
hear them, too, if you have a clean signal.

Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS
http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc

-
Visit http://www.spynumbers.com/ for complete information about Spy Numbers Stations

-- Eric F. Richards [EMAIL PROTECTED] "The weird part is that I can feel productive even when I'm doomed." - Dilbert