On 8/6/06, Zack Widup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cool!  At least part of it is solved. I have two questions, though. First
off, what did the messages say?  Secondly, I wonder what they learned from
the experiment?

In the linked article, they've decoded all but one of the messages.

My favorite decoded one was:

The number station at 806-224-0272 decrypted to "Captains Log:
Stardate 200606.2 — Pwned by Ensign Crusher." The group noted that
this was a reference to Wil Wheaton, who figured out that the "Group"
number seemed to refer to the area code where the next message would
appear, prompting them to change their strategy. They then used
numbers from Wheaton's IP address.

Zack

Wil
--
"Poker is a godless game, full of random pain."
-Andy Bloch

blog  - wilwheaton.typepad.com
games - avclub.com/content/gool
news  - suicidegirls.com/news/geek
cards - cardsquad.com/bloggers/wil-wheaton
local - blogging.la