:   yes, it is one of the possible explanations, but the used modulation/
: encoding is rather unusual. I've heard SSTV as well as various facsimile
: transmissions many times and it never appeared like this. But the progress
: which the signal was udergoing over the time seemed like a slightly
changing
: scene on a video, i.e. not static pictures as on SSTV but a really
changing
: video stream.

I'll plug the audio into my SSTV decoder and see if I can get anything,
downloading the recording now.  I used to play with the settings, could
change them from a few RPM to several hundred RPM, don't know if it will do
it automatically on RX.  What about the narrow band fast scan TV that's been
used for the past decade or so?  Very narrow, the LowFER guys used to play
with it.  I forget the name of the program, I tried it briefly.

Kurt