Hi,
 
I'm a writer for Cycling Plus magazine in the UK. 
 
We're doing a new story trying to answer readers' problems 
surrounding the subject of on-bike re-fueling during longer 
training/races. Obviously we'd like to include the very latest 
sports science research on these subjects and so I thought I'd see 
if anyone from here would be able to help out.

We would of course credit individuals and their academic departments 
with anything that's published. I will also post a draft of what I 
intend to write on here before it goes to press.
 
Basically the questions are:
 
1) Whenever I take on sports drinks I just feel like they slosh 
around in my stomach rather than being absorbed, even from very 
early in the race. So I start feeling nauseous and unable to drink 
more. What should I do?
 
2) I'm confused about the right type of carbohydrate to go for. 
What's the difference between glucose, maltodextrins and fructose 
etc. Are some easier to stomach than others? Are some better than 
others?
 
3) I'm a very heavy sweater and regularly feel dizzy or nauseous 
during and for long periods after a long ride. I know I should be 
taking on fluid very regularly but in races I feel like constantly 
going for my bottle is really slowing me down, but if I take lots of 
big gulps in one go I feel sick - can you help?
 
4) What is "taste fatigue" - any good suggestions for getting rid of 
it?
 
5) How should I "train" my gut to accept more fluid and carbohydrate 
during a high-intensity long ride?
 
Would you be able to offer some comments on these?
 
All the best,
 
Nick Morgan



------------------------------------

Post messages to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  To (un)subscribe, send any message to 
sportscience-(un)[EMAIL PROTECTED] View all messages at 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to