Bill Gates strikes again! My first attempt to send a formatted mail message to this list by pasting a Word doc into Outlook was clearly unsuccessful. It looked OK on the server, too. I've tried sending formatted messages created directly in Outlook, but extra line spaces get inserted somewhere between me and the list. Oh well, back to plain text. Here's the message again.
I'm looking for an outstanding link to feature on the Sportscience homepage to finish off this year's issue. I've been browsing for something without much success. For example, I would have featured a Wikipedia page on scientific writing, but it doesn't follow its own advice of avoiding use of the passive voice. Similarly, a Wikipedia page on sport science has links to various sites, but not Sportscience. I checked out several blogs, but only http://www.sportsscientists.com/ by Jonathan Dugas and Ross Tucker seems to be active and worthwhile, and I featured a link to that blog last year. I went through this exercise three years ago and got good feedback (see http://www.sportsci.org/jour/05/inbrief.htm#Top10). Hoping for similar success this time. I will post a summary again. Will Will G Hopkins, PhD FACSM Institute of Sport and Recreation Research AUT University, Akoranga Drive Private Bag 92006 Auckland 0627, New Zealand Cell +64 21 804 736 Landline +64 9 921 9793 Fax +64 9 921 9960 Skype WillTheKiwi [email protected], [email protected] Sportscience http://sportsci.org Statistics http://newstats.org Be creative: break rules. ------------------------------------ Post messages to [email protected]. To (un)subscribe, send any message to sportscience-(un)[email protected]. View all messages at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[email protected] mailto:[email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
