I'm running another master class on design and analysis on the morning of
registration of this year's annual meeting of the European College of Sport
Science.  This year I think it will be good to focus on how to use and
interpret the spreadsheets at the Sportscience site.  In the process we will
cover important issues about effect magnitudes, acceptable uncertainty,
sample size for different designs, measurement statistics, and so on.  There
will be a new spreadsheet on bootstrapping by then, too, which I will
introduce you to.  These classes are informal, and I am happy to discuss
specific questions or cover specific topics requested by attendees.  Some of
my colleagues may help out.

I'll sort out a venue at the meeting when I know how many people hope to
turn up.  (It was around 30 last year at the Liverpool meeting.)  So please
get back to me if you would like to attend. You might prefer the interesting
official workshop running in parallel, this year on scientific presentation
skills.  See http://www.ecss-congress.eu/2012/index.php/ecss-workshop . 

I am also going to the ICSEMIS conference in Glasgow and the WCPAS
conference in Worcester.  At this stage I haven't planned to present master
classes there, but if enough people want them, I will.  Again, get back to
me.

Will
Will G Hopkins, PhD FACSM FECSS
Contact info and citations: http://sportsci.org/will
Sportscience: http://sportsci.org
Statistics: http://newstats.org
Be creative: break rules.







------------------------------------

Post messages to [email protected].  To (un)subscribe, send any 
message to sportscience-(un)[email protected]. View all messages at 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to