Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could help me with a problem on my EMG; how to express the 
RMS as a % of MVIC. I bought an EMG to do some studies/tests in bodybuilding, 
as on the slow and fast reps, done in the same time frame, the fast gave out a 
far higher reading every time, not surprising, as when using 80% of your 1R.M. 
you fail roughly 50% faster with the fast. 
 
Now the person I am debating with, seems to think my EMG readings have to be 
changed, I am not sure on this, could anyone please comment. He says I need to 
express the RMS as a % of MVIC, {maximum voluntary isometric contraction} is 
this true, and how if so do you do this ??? I do not understand why he thinks I 
have to do this, as surely the readouts on the machine state this, as I call 
it, the impulse muscle activity. Here is the EMG I bought. 
http://www.bearstreetonline.co.uk/v-ets.htm

Wayne



------------------------------------

Post messages to [email protected].  To (un)subscribe, send any 
message to sportscience-(un)[email protected]. View all messages at 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to