--- In [email protected], "Wayne" <waynegr@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> 
> Question please, which muscles are involved in the dead lift, and the stiff 
> legged dead lift. Am I right in saying that the Lats are used far more, and 
> the quads used far less in the stiff legged dead lift, but too what extent 
> please. Like to see if I am right on several things here, and too learn more. 
> Thank you for your time and help in advance.
> 
> Wayne
>

Thank you for the reply,

I was hoping the stiff legged dead lift, and I do really mean totally locked 
knees, would work the lats just as much as regular stiff legged dead lifts. As 
Friday I do 8 x 8 squats, adding weight to each set with 2 minutes in-between 
sets, then dead lifts 5 x 5 same weights, with 2 minutes rest between sets, 
then on Mondays I was doing the same. But was thinking with the dead lifts 
again, it might be too much for legs and back, and, as I work upper back on 
Tuesdays, something like this, rows 10 x 3, rows 5 x 20, pulldown 2 x 20, I was 
thinking of stopping dead lifts on the Monday, and adding, obviously lighter 
say ??? 40% light stiff legged dead lifts for my last exercise. Thus wanted to 
know if the dead lifts and stiff legged dead lift, let's say with the same 
weight, worked the last as much, or more, and how much would they be worked to 
the heavy dead lifts with the stiff legged dead lifts 40% lighter ??? Sorry 
that's does sound a confusing, and I have a reputation of over writing and not 
simplifying things, as "some" People know here, SORRY. Been training from about 
10, and now a young 52, know many things about training, and have my own fully 
equipped Gym, many Nautilus machines, Smith machine, pulleys and lots of free 
weights, but until about 6 months ago, never did dead lifts, so thought I would 
be best to ask. Lats and legs are stronger and bigger now, but still.

Wayne




------------------------------------

Post messages to [email protected].  To (un)subscribe, send any 
message to sportscience-(un)[email protected]. View all messages at 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to