Some of you may already have received the following spam message.  The site
it advertises looks very professional.  There are various free resources,
but the real purpose is obviously  to sell their products and services. I
forward it FYI, and I would like to her from anyone who has evaluated their
stuff or who has any inside information about this group/site.


 


Will


 


From: Clive Reeves [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 08:09 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: New sports psychology website


 


I trust this email finds you well. In planning for the new semester I would
like to introduce you to a new Sports Psychology website I have developed
that aims to appeal to staff, students, athletes and coaches.


 <http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/> www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com is a
FREE website that has a range of high quality educational resources that I
hope will appeal to both you and your students. Please take a moment to view
the resources to see how these can be used in the modules that you teach on
Sports Psychology.


Our EXCLUSIVE content includes the following VIDEO INTERVIEWS and PODCASTS,
plus many more...


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/videos-practi
tioner-interviews/> Tim Harkness (Club Psychologist Chelsea Football Club) -
Watch Tim discuss his theories on motivation and change in elite sport.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/podcasts-prac
titioner-interviews/> Martin Langagergaard (Danish applied sport
psychologist) - Listen to Martin discuss his experiences working as an
applied sport psychologist in Danish sport.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/podcasts-prac
titioner-interviews/> Professor Mike Spino (Integral Athletic Training
Centre) - Listen to Mike talk about how integrated mental skills training
into his coaching philosophy.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/videos-athlet
e-interviews/> Jon Wilkin (St Helens & GB Rugby League) - Watch St Helens
and Great Britain Rugby League star Jon Wilkin discuss his experiences of
sport psychology throughout his successful career.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/podcasts-prac
titioner-interviews/> Professor Tami Eggleston (McKendree University) -
Listen to Tami talk about her applied sport psychology work within Drag
Racing.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/videos-coach-
interviews/> Dr Gareth Morgan (Leeds Metropolitan University) - Watch Gareth
describing his research in coaching and player motivation in professional
football.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/videos-athlet
e-interviews/> Beth Tweddle MBE (Olympic Gymnast, Team GB) - Listen to Beth
talking about her experiences of London 2012 and managing the expectations.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/podcasts-prac
titioner-interviews/> Professor Ken Ravizza (California State University,
Fullerton) - Listen to Ken discussing his applied practice in US sport.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/videos-practi
tioner-interviews/> Dr Mark Nesti (Liverpool John Moores University) - Watch
Mark talking about being an applied sport psychologist within the English
Premier League.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/videos-practi
tioner-interviews/> Professor Geir Jordet (Norwegian FA) - Listen to Geir
explain how sport psychology has been integrated into soccer in Norway. He
also describes his latest research in Norwegian soccer.


 
<http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/blog/videos-and-podcasts/videos-practi
tioner-interviews/> Dr Peter Vint (US Olympic Committee) - In this video
Peter discusses what he looks for when recruiting a sport psychologist for
the US Olympic Committee.


I hope you feel that the high quality material will compliment the
educational journey of your students. I believe the website could support
your sports psychology modules in the following ways: 


1 - Integration of videos & podcasts into lectures, seminars and tutorials.


2 - Use the article library for further reading exercises.


3 - Use the resources section for formative assessment tasks.


4 - Encourage students to share ideas and knowledge with fellow members
through our interactive forum.


5 - Create interview schedules and send through to us to use when we
interview practitioners, coaches & athletes.


I hope you agree that the website adds value to your sports psychology
modules and I would welcome the site's promotion to your student cohort at
induction and during the delivery of sports psychology modules. I have
attached a couple of powerpoint slides to give your students an overview of
the website, please feel free to use these in your lectures and pass on to
your colleagues. If you would like further information please do not
hesitate to contact me at  <mailto:[email protected]>
[email protected]. Thank you for your support in advance and I
hope the website becomes a beneficial learning resource for your students. 


Kind Regards


Dr Clive Reeves


 <http://www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com/> www.mentaltrainingnetwork.com 


 


Reply via email to