From: spring [mailto:spring-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Henderickx, Wim (Wim)
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 7:41 PM
To: Martin Horneffer; Les Ginsberg (ginsberg); spring@ietf.org; LITKOWSKI
Stephane SCE/OINIS
Subject: Re: [spring] draft-ginsberg-spring-conflict-resolution: SRGB
INCONSISTENCY

My main question on the proposal is how do we tell who is right and who is
wrong?

From: spring <spring-boun...@ietf.org<mailto:spring-boun...@ietf.org>> on
behalf of Martin Horneffer <m...@nic.dtag.de<mailto:m...@nic.dtag.de>>
Date: Tuesday 5 January 2016 at 13:05
To: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsb...@cisco.com<mailto:ginsb...@cisco.com>>,
"spring@ietf.org<mailto:spring@ietf.org>"
<spring@ietf.org<mailto:spring@ietf.org>>, Stephane Litkowski
<stephane.litkow...@orange.com<mailto:stephane.litkow...@orange.com>>
INCONSISTENCY

Hello Les, Acee, Stephane, everyone,

happy new year!

From an operator's (carrier's) point of view I clearly and strongly support
this alternative solution: Treat an inconsistent set of SRGB announcements as
broken and ignore it.

 - It is the simplest solution.
 - It only affects traffic of the badly configured and implemented router.
 - It gives a clear indication to the operator where they have to repair
something.

With respect to Stephane's comments:
 - I would also support a repetition or clarification that an inconsistent set
of SRGB annoucements is broken.
 - No strong opinion from my side as how to define the offending node as
non-SR-capable as I don't see any use case for nodes with only adjacency SIDs.

Best regards,
Martin