Sasha,

> On Feb 23, 2017, at 3:42 PM, Alexander Vainshtein
> <alexander.vainsht...@ecitele.com> wrote:
>
> Stefano,
> I respectfully disagree.
>
> From my POV YANG data models (same as MIBs before them) are supposed to
> provide a comprehensive list of configurable parameters that impact operation
> of a protocol within the limits defined by the corresponding protocol spec.

Far be it from me to question yang benefits... ;-)

it’s just that, from a protocol definition perspective, I won’t assume a given
choice for management/configuration so that people can then chose snmp-mibs,
yang or whatever comes next.

Where I agree with you is on the need for yang models to support the sr/ldp
interop if the target is to be yang-capable on all aspects of protocol
implementations.

s.