On 8/24/17, 4:44 PM, "Martin Vigoureux" <martin.vigour...@nokia.com> wrote:

Martin:

Hi!

> speaking as Shepherd.
> Regarding Q1&Q2: Indeed, Section 2 is the core of the document, and in
> my view the section containing what is worth standardizing.

What, exactly, is this document standardizing?

It is probably too late to argue about not having a separate mpls-focused
document, so I’m not arguing against publication.  I am also not concerned
about the length – it is good to see focused, clear documents.

…
> Regarding Q3: since, as you say, we can not state whether a given piece
> of IPR is valid or not, I am not sure whether we can discuss the
> applicability of IPR disclosures (made against other documents) to this
> document, and vice versa.

Right.  That was a question/observation mostly for the IPR owners.  I’m just
wondering whether the declaration was done against the right document since I
can’t really tell what is new and different here that was not in the
Architecture document.  I’ll be happy with the IPR holders just thinking about
it…

Thanks!

Alvaro.