Zafar,

While I am not going to answer all the points in your email – I am going to
raise one issue.  You talk about NOT debating a solution.  I point out that it
was also stated in Montreal that we needed an analysis of the IPv6 address
space required by the network programming and usid drafts.  Can I ask when we
will get an indication of this?  Since unless we are reading this wrong – it is
a *vast* amount of space – and until such time as we know that – it is not
possible to put the policy change proposals before the RIR’s without any more
than an estimate based on our interpretations.  While I’m quite happy to go
ahead with others to propose policies in the RIR space to get the space
allocation proposals changed to meet the requirements of this document – I
would rather do this being able to state clearly in the policy where the
numbers come from.

As of right now – you are sitting there pointing at problems – that’s ok –
others have shown problems in what you have put forward.  We will however
respond to each of your issues – and that is more than I can say is happening
right now from the SRv6 NP fraternity.  I have asked multiple times regarding
the change in address semantics as defined in RFC4291 – I have zero reply on
this. I have raised the issue of inflation of IGP – the only answer I have had
is to renumbering my network (which in my book equates to interference of
already existent deployments – please see the spring charter on this).

I have also stated quite categorically – that I do not wish to see the work on
SRv6 stopped – on the contrary – I believe that two alternatives make sense – I
believe in operator choice – and indeed – I point to the fact that I explicitly
proposed that we work together on an inter-op draft and was explicitly told
that there was no interest in this from the authors of these drafts.

The chairs also explicitly asked why anything we necessary beyond SRH – and
when you turn and attack based on lack of justification – I have yet to see a
single justification for similar in the uSID draft – so – lets be a little
consistent here.

I also point out – that I and others HAVE stated why we need something more –
the overhead of SRv6 for my network – and many others – is simply untenable.
uSID does not solve that problem without introducing a whole RANGE of other
issues.

So – lets now put this simply

a.) CRH/SRv6+ does not redefine the IPv6 address semantics – SRv6 NP does –
uSID does again (in a way that is incompatible with SRv6 NP I might add)
b.) CRH/SRv6+ does not require the (massive) overhead that SRv6 imposes
c.) CRH/SRv6+ does not do header insertion or header removal in violation of a
standard that already has consensus from the community – SRv6 NP does
d.) ISIS extensions for CRH do not propose to cater for header insertions or
header removals – the SRv6 draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions explicitly does
e.) CRH/SRv6+ does not collapse the network routing function, the programming
function and the addressing function all into the same thing – SRv6 does –
creating in my view significant complexity and operational headaches
f.) When asked about binding SID’s – we stated we could support each and if
given the use case we would – though we do point out that because of the
overhead savings on traditional SRv6 we believe we can demonstrate that this
may not be necessary – we are prepared to do it.  On the contrary – I am still
yet to understand how inter-domain operation of SRv6 will actually function

With regards to your points about its all already developed – are you really
telling me that because the authors chose to go and spend ages developing
something while taking zero cognizance of the consensus in the community on
both the semantics of addresses and issues like header insertion and removal –
just because you ignored them and wrote the code we are now meant to rubber
stamp it?  While at the same time – instead of working on resolving the issues
that have been raised here time and again – you continue to fight to squash
something that multiple people have said should go ahead?

Andrew