You are technically correct that the SR Architecture document does not require the separation of topological behavior from service behavior.

On the other hand, MANY of us have notied, and tried to find solutions for, the fact that the overloading of IP addresses for both identity and location causes significant problems. Further overloading the same thing with service semantics as well makes this problem worse. So yes, there are plenty of good reasons to be concerned about this overloading.

Yours,
Joel