Pablo,

On 17-Sep-19 07:44, Pablo Camarillo (pcamaril) wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I agree with your suggestion. What do you think of the following text?
>
> <OLD>
>    9.  IANA Considerations
>

>       This document requests the following new IANA registries:
> </OLD>
>
> <NEW>
>    9.  IANA Considerations
>
> This document requests IANA to allocate a new IP Protocol Number value for
> “Opaque” with the following definition:
> The value TBD in the Next Header field of an IPv6 header or any extension
> header indicates that the payload is interpreted via a semantics previously
> established between the source and destination.

That seems clear enough. I would expect an addition to
draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering, however. Something like:

3.4.x.  Opaque (Protocol Number=TBD)
3.4.x.3.  Specific Security Implications

   The security implications of the Opaque header are completely unknown.

3.4.x.4.  Operational and Interoperability Impact if Blocked

   The impact is completely unknown.

3.4.x.5.  Advice

   Intermediate systems should discard packets containing Opaque unless
   explicitly configured to allow it.

Regards
   Brian