Andrew,

Le 17/12/2019 à 06:57, Andrew Alston a écrit :
Alex,

Will try and get you some captures off the devices I’ve been testing on – in order to make sure I understood this draft properly, and in light of the deployment status draft, I decided to play a lot more deeply and setup a bit of a lab.  I’m still doing tests and soon as I have some other bits completed will send through the packet captures from those against (Since the XR boxes that I have to test on seem to have absolutely no ability to setup traffic steering with SRv6 (and I actually have requested details of how to configure this in the past but gotten no response), I’m just finishing the code to inject packets from outside with a sid stack to test this.  I also acknowledge that I’m running tests against code that is implementing a draft that seems far from final – and so shouldn’t have that many expectations.

That being said, In light of the deployment draft – I do have some concerns that there is a draft that specifies that people have put this stuff into production – yet the implementation in current shipping code seems to be **way** off the draft and contrary to things we have been told in the working group.

Some of the more interesting finds so far:

  * In Montreal – I questioned the growth in the IGP tables – since I
    would have to use a separate locator on each router – I was
    explicitly told this wasn’t necessary and could use the loopbacks –
    not so in current code – use of the loopback marks the locator as down.

  * Locator size is not configurable as anything other than a /64

  * XR 7.0.1 claims a maximum number of SID’s at 8000 – I’m still
    unclear if this limitation in the code is based on locally
    configured SID’s or received SID’s – and will run some tests on this
    in the coming day or two to verify

  * There seems to be a limit on a single locator per box – I’m still
    trying to figure out what impact this will have in a multi-area or
    multi-level IGP deployment scenario.

  * By default when configuring a locator – the device configures a
    separate End.X (PSP) for each interface – now – this is where things
    get interesting.  If I am reading the NP text correctly, End.X (PSP)
    should be locator:0006::  - However, in the shipping code, that is
    not the case at all – as per the below:

/RP/0/RP0/CPU0:SRV6-R2#show segment-routing srv6 locator R2 sid Sun Dec 15 04:56:10.913 UTC/

/SID                         Behavior Context                           Owner               State  RW/

/2001:db8:ee:2:1::           End (PSP) 'default':1                       sidmgr              InUse  Y/

I would like to ask you whether that
2001:db8:ee:2:1::
could rather be
2001:db8:ee:ff:2:1::?