Hello Joel and WG chairs. I’m in agreement with the authors/editors assertion
that we have a single data plane and we can close this issue.

The document defines two new flavors of SID and applies them to existing
behaviors. The resultant behaviors are implemented only on the device deploying
them, and both flavors may appear in the same SRH (thanks Changwang for the
illustration email).

The element computing a path using the SIDs available in the network knows the
behavior of the SIDs deployed and is able to build a SID list with them, IGPs
and BGP-LS distribute this information for consumption (including local compute
on SR source nodes).

The act of compressing the SID list is documented in section 7.2 of this draft,
with implementations from vendors listed in section 13.

It’s worth noting that an SR source encapsulates and forwards packets as
described in RFC8754 section 3.1, using the segment list that was
built/compressed, regardless of the behaviors or flavor of SIDs in that segment
list.  That holds true for the SID flavors defined in this draft.

Thanks to all involved for getting this and the other issues closed.

Darren