On November 2, 2023 at 5:25:37 AM, Zafar Ali (zali) wrote:

Zafar:

Hi!

> It is odd that design team [1] has a 15-minute prime slot in SPRING agenda
> while it has not produced any draft (see
> https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2418.html#section-3.1).

Let me start by saying that the authors of the upcoming security
consideration draft are not part of a design team.  As you can see in
the message you mentioned [a], and in the preceding one [b], we
purposefully asked for volunteers to be authors.

>From [a]:

   SRv6 security and this document are on the radar of the IESG, making
   them a high-priority work item for the WG.  We expect the work to be
   progressed, presented, and reviewed in a timely manner, which should
   include periodic updates and discussions on the list and at in-person
   and virtual interim meetings (as needed).

As chairs we took the liberty to prioritize an update at the upcoming
meeting -- it should be important to all of us.

You will have an opportunity to comment on the agenda in Prague and
about the contents as the document progresses through the process.

Nick already replied to you about the state of the draft.  We all know
this is not the first time authors miss the deadline.

> When SRv6 compression design team was formed, a design team mailer was
> created which was open to the WG. This is not the case for this design team.
> Overall, the WG members has no visibility of the work done by the design
> team.

Again, this is not a design team.  The development of this document is
happening in the same way that any other group of authors would do it.
Nick pointed you to their repository.

> I do not think the WG is ready to participate effectively for the 15-minute
> slot in SPRING.

As Nick mentioned, the time next week will mostly be used to ask for
"eyeballs and input".  We are far from any decision that may need to
be made by the WG (adoption, for example).  Also, I expect most of the
discussion to happen on the list.

Alvaro.

[a] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/8xH7XOEYLAo2r7Pn9fyP_CdOfqs/

[b] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/SxNKw2kWw3W3sHoyY32ngRexzeU/