High-rise systems have 2 fdv's at the hmd location, pr or not.
500 is sometimes difficult to get through a single fdv and almost impossible
to get through a pr fdv.

Tom

Great question.

I have seen them both ways but the local AHJ's allow us to use the one at
the top and the next one down to facilitate testing.

Greg McGahan

Living Water Fire Protection, LLC
1160 McKenzie Road
Cantonment, FL 32533
850-937-1850
Fax: 850-937-1852

It has been a while since I have delved into 14 and I can't get into
AFSA's archives so please bear with me.

7.3.2.2 An additional 65-mm (2 -in.) hose connection shall be provided
at the hydraulically most remote portion of the system to facilitate
testing.

Does this mean we have to have two 2.5" hose valves at the top of a
standpipe? What about horizontal systems?


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to