David, As a member of the TAG that wrote the recommendations for the Sprinkler Licensing Law I can guarantee you it isn't in there, but not because I don't think it's a good idea. I suggested it to Seattle many years ago but they deferred because they thought it was too big a cost burden on the contractors and beyond their powers to demand and/or enforce. All that said it has since become a developing trend and folks hereabouts might be more receptive. With a TAG meeting just around the corner the topic could be raised for future discussion. I think the economic burden argument is spurious and as long as an administrative amendment or change does not incur a hardship I believe that change can be made to the WAC without any legislative review. I realize this is a lcal issue for all you guys out there not from Washington but we are one of the potent states when it comes to fire protection and what we do is watched closely by others. Stay tuned.
On 7/27/07, Smith, David (VFD) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Greg, > I can't seem to find any colored tagging procedures within NFPA 25. If > it's not within the IFC or 25, then the state hasn't adopted it through > that process. I am also unaware of any tagging procedures which would be > specified within the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) or Washington > Administrative Code (WAC). This doesn't preclude a local jurisdiction > from adopting their own local tagging system which may go above/beyond > the states requirements. Is there a reference I may not know about in > WA? > > The only state guidelines that I'm aware of are included in the > sprinkler licensing laws. Those are pretty simplistic at best; > inspecting technicians need to initial and date each page, local > jurisdictions shall have responsibility to enforce the requirements, > etc. The state hasn't provided any guides or such that I'm familiar with > for applying the 3 tag system. As it is, enforcement at the local level > is sporadic depending upon an agencies resources. > > -David > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gregg > Key, SET > Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:02 AM > To: [email protected] > Subject: RE: Questions to ask when selecting a contractor > > David, Does that mean that WA. Has adapted the green, yellow red tag > system to use with NFPA 25? > > And also, would the state happened to have provided guidelines on > applying the 3 tag system to NFPA 25? > > > > Gregg Key, SET Project Manager Augusta Fire Protection > > > "For those wondering, WA state has adopted NFPA 25 through the > legislative process by the reference in Table 901.6 of the IFC. > > > > _______________________________________________ > Sprinklerforum mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum > > To Unsubscribe, send an email > to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) > _______________________________________________ > Sprinklerforum mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum > > To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) > -- Ron Greenman at home.... _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
