-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve
Kowkabany
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 11:17 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Green Building Measures for Sprinkler Systems

Does anyone know of any measures that can be taken regarding sprinkler
systems to get "Green Building" or LEED points?  I am often asked about
this and have been thinking about it.  The use of extended coverage
heads wherever possible would make sense, since that increases branch
line spacing and therefore reduces the amount of piping material.
Taking the QR/height reduction wherever possible to reduce pipe size
also makes sense, but we do that anyways.  Anything that uses less
construction materials or more environmentally friendly materials is
desirable, as well as anything that would use less water over time -
such as during routine maintenance.  I just can't think of that much we
can do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Kowkabany, P.E.