-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Vining
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 4:17 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Sprinkler Zones for Horizontal Exit Building

Carl, I am not sure of the definition of the word "supplemental" as
used.

Bill pointed out that the stair widths are insufficient for simultaneous
evacuation of the buildings.  Therefore, the horizontal exits are
required exits.

We seem to agree that there should be three zones.  I am not sure you
agree that the notification appliances cannot be operated in other than
the fire building.

Ed Vining
  4819 John Muir Rd
  Martinez CA 94553