Todd, Here is a program that I found last week that converts pdf to dxf files. the dxf can then imported into autocad and converted to dwg. it makes the drawing usable in autocad. when you download it you get 20 free uses . maybe worth checking out. It is called Aide PDF to DXF Converter 9.0. info can be found at http://www.aidecad.com/ Gregg

Todd Williams - FPDC wrote:
I am running into situations more and more where I am given PDF files instead of paper copies of plans. Some of the CD's I am getting have 50 to 60 drawings on them. I have to open each one, figure out what it is and plot it if necessary. Then if I need to refer to something else, I have to start opening files again and search through. This takes significantly more time than going through a set of paper plans. There is a lot of additional time and expense with PDFs, which I don't have built into my cost. Has anyone been charging a surcharge for receiving PDFs only? I'm thinking about doing that and was wondering if anyone else is?

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080  _______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

begin:vcard
fn:C Gregg  Key
n:Key;C Gregg
org:Fire Technology;Fire Sprinkler Division
adr;dom:;;3124 Washington Road;Augusta ;GA;30907
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Project Manager
tel;work:706-650-7730
tel;fax:706-650-7731