To second what Thom has noted.

For many years I didn't attend, it just seemed too expensive and there was too much work to do here that prevented me from being there without creating real difficulties for me and the people I worked with. In '06 the convention was in Dallas, and I worked out a way to attend with a trip to visit a client up in Wichita Falls. I was so glad I attended that I made the commitment to myself to not miss another one. I sat through several seminars that gave me some real insight into coming changes in the standards from people who sat on the committees, into advances in sprinkler technology from the manufacturer's who'd done the testing, and in company management from people who'd spent considerable time learning that important aspect of business. I can't even begin to describe how much it helped me to keep current in this industry, and if I have anything to say about it I'll keep my commitment.

This year, I had the good fortune to sit in a presentation by Bob Caputo on storage challenges, by Dave Sornsin and John Denhardt on special hazards systems, by Kerry Bell and Hansford Stewart on Pumps. Although I was committed elsewhere when he presented it I heard from several attendees that an entirely new revenue stream appeared out of nowhere for several folks who listened to George Church talk about NFPA-3, and that James Gollinveaux's presentation on changes in the residential sprinkler market was very interesting, including some video of test results that was very mind breaking. And yes, there's a sense of pride for me in that the two seminars I presented were well attended, one on plan review for AHJ's, and the other on seismic issues for sprinklers.

I also had a wonderful chance to catch up with the majority of the manufacturers in our industry in one room. That was very valuable to me.

Todd, I do understand that it's a very large expenditure of time and money, particularly if you're having to fly all the way across the country.

For me, it was well worth the time. PARSLEY CONSULTING
Ken Wagoner, SET
760.745.6181 voice
760.745.0537 fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> e-mail
www.ParsleyConsulting.com <http://www.ParsleyConsulting.com> website

Thom McMahon wrote:
A "Penny wise and Pound foolish" Attitude. You Can NOT afford to miss the
training, and learning experiences offered! We make the time, and recognize
the rewards thru the year for the time spent. Time management is as
important a tool as AutoCAD. Learn to schedule 3 days to attend, and you'll
never know how you justified missing the opportunity before.

Thom McMahon, SET
Firetech, Inc.
2560 Copper Ridge Dr
P.O. Box 882136