We have a Gymnastics' training center in a OH II sprinkler facility. They
have mats on the walls, and a 5'-0" deep "Foam filled Pit" at the end of a
tumbling run out for spring board and vaulting practice. I don't see this as
a particularly hazardous occupancy. Few sources of ignition, reasonable fuel
load. A facility that if it were in any school in the country would be LH.

Any comments?

There was a post a few weeks ago about increased distance for a sprinklered
vs. non-sprinklered dead end.
I was just reading an article in Consulting and Specifying Engineer which
claims that (F209) will change the 2009 IBC/IFC limits for sprinklered Dead
End limits for occupancy E, U and I-1 from 20LF to 50LF when sprinklered. I
don't remember who was asking but that's what I've got.

Thom McMahon, SET
Firetech, Inc.
2560 Copper Ridge Dr
P.O. Box 882136
Steamboat Springs, CO 80488
Tel:  970-879-7952
Fax: 970-879-7926


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to