From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Ed Kramer
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 10:06 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Birdcage systems

Another post got me thinking (stand back).  Section 8.15.21 and its
commentary seem to require a multistory building be designed so each floor
can be isolated while leaving the remainder of the system operational.  If
that's the case, birdcage systems are doo-doo.   Now I've designed a lot of
these type systems, so no high horse here.  Just wondering how everybody
(especially  AHJ's) interprets or enforces this section.

Ed Kramer

Littleton, CO