My thoughts are the same regarding the reason but when you choose to live by
the sword you also must die by the sword and the rule says pipe nipple
without mentioning fitting. There is even a sketch. The fitting in question
is an AnvilStar Figure 1103R 1" female, 3/4" male.

Allan Seidel
St. Louis, MO