One particular municipal system had a pressure drop of about 15 psi 
that affected a 13R system I designed for a group home. The water 
company sent a letter to the AHJ saying our design was inadequate for 
the available water. We had records from the quarterly inspections 
documenting when the pressure dropped (about a year after the job was 
done). I don't know all the details, but it went away and I believe 
the pressure is back.


At 04:20 PM 9/23/2009, you wrote:
>Just fielded a question from an AHJ in a nearby community about 
>being sued by an angry building owner that is saying the water 
>pressure is inadequate for the sprinkler system. (Static pressure 
>has fallen 5 psi since construction).
>
>If any of you have specific experience with a situation like this I 
>would like to be able to help him with some stories.
>
>Greg McGahan
>Operations Manager
>
>Living Water Fire Protection
>1160 McKenzie Road
>P.O. Box 877
>Cantonment, Florida 32533
>(850) 937.1850 | Fax (850) 937.1852 | Cell (850) 554.3231
>[email protected]
>
>_______________________________________________
>Sprinklerforum mailing list
>[email protected]
>http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
>
>For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]
>
>To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
>(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080  
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to