The potential flaw in your assumptions is that the pressure goes up  
with throw while width remains constant. The problem with the cut  
sheets for residential sidewalls is that do not address the 0.10  
situation

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 10, 2009, at 2:38 PM, Roland Huggins  
<[email protected]> wrote:

> For starter I have always assumed (yea I now what that means but I've
> always been one so go with your strengths) that it was the sideways
> throw that is the challenge based on the fact that the water momentum
> is in the same direction as the throw across the room but changing the
> direction 90 degrees would seem to ore adversely affected by small
> changes in distance covered.
>
> Applying Ron's rule to avoid the slippery slope inducted Aristotelian
> explanations of phenomena, tells me to simply check the cut sheets and
> embrace their guidance.
>
> Roland
>
>
> On Dec 10, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Todd - FPDC wrote:
>
>> I get all that. But I assume most of the pressure in a sidewall is  
>> for
>> throw and not width, how can we justify a significant decrease in
>> pressure based on a decrease in width alone?
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
>
> For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]
>
> To Unsubscribe, send an email to:Sprinklerforum- 
> [email protected]
> (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to