I am looking for some guidance on the water supply assumptions to consider when
designing sprinkler system for a FEMA Trailer. I have seen designs ranging from
100 psi to 20 psi. The water supplies for these units are unknown and it is my
view that the design basis should be based upon the low end of what can be
expected as these units are connected to the temporary water supply. Generally
FEMA is the AHJ and is on site and provides no guidance on what can be expected
from the water supply that is hooked up to these units.

I am concerned that we may see systems that won’t work because the supply will
fall short of the design basis used.

The data plate states the minimum pressure required for the system design as
required in 6.4

6.4 Manufactured Home Water Supply. For sprinklered buildings
manufactured off-site, the minimum pressure needed to
satisfy the system design criteria on the system side of the
meter shall be specified on a data plate by the manufacturer.

However, what is reasonable?

Mike Cabral