Thanks, I bet it was the large drop I was thinking of. 

Bobby Gillett
Sr. Project Manager
Key Fire Protection, Inc.
(731) 424-0130 office  (731) 424-9285 fax 
(731) 267-4853 cell
[email protected]
 
 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Exterior dry system piping under canopy

There's those words about being galvanized but they are specific to Large
Drop Sprinklers. 8.7.4.2.

8.16.4.2 Talks about protection against corrosion.  In 8.16.4.2.3 it talks
about protecting piping exposed to weather. It doesn't matter if it's wet,
PA or whatever.

You don't have to use galv. in PA systems.  Although some EOR's may require
it for longevity or because it is a client or Underwriter requirement.


Craig L. Prahl, CET   
Fire Protection Specialist
Mechanical Department
CH2MHILL
Lockwood Greene
1500 International Drive
PO Box 491, Spartanburg, SC  29304-0491
Direct - 864.599.4102
Fax - 864.599.8439
[email protected]
http://www.ch2m.com 


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bobby Gillett
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:44 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Exterior dry system piping under canopy

I have a dry system (non-FM in TN) under an exterior canopy. Is there
somewhere it states the pipe and fittings are to be corrosion resistant (ex.
Galv.)? I thought somewhere it stated for preact it had to be regardless,
but I can't find that either. Maybe I'm pulling an old spec from a project
out of my brain as the last two I've done have required galv. piping per the
spec book.

 

 

Bobby Gillett

Sr. Project Manager

Key Fire Protection, Inc.

(731) 424-0130 office  (731) 424-9285 fax 

(731) 267-4853 cell

 <mailto:[email protected]>
[email protected]

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 9.0.791 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2752 - Release Date: 03/17/10
02:33:00

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to