Todd,

Typically if you cannot meet the (NFPA 13 2002 ed.) intent 8.6.5, Figure
8.6.5.1.2(b), add sprinklers under the Soffit.

I can relate to the "Burn out". This is day 9 in a row without a break so I
can get to Providence Wednesday Morning for AFSA Convention.
Maybe I will see you there. 

Regards,
G. Tim Stone

G. Tim Stone Consulting, LLC
NICET Level III Engineering Technician
Fire Protection Sprinkler Design
and Consulting Services

117 Old Stage Rd. - Essex Jct., VT. 05452
TEL: (802) 434-2968          Fax: (802) 434-4343
                [email protected]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:sprinklerforum-
> [email protected]] On Behalf Of Todd Williams
> Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:57 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Soffit width
> 
> How wide does a soffit have to be before you need to start thinking
> about putting sprinklers below? I think that's in there somewhere,
> but right now I'm too burned out and can't find it.
> 
> Todd G. Williams, PE
> Fire Protection Design/Consulting
> Stonington, CT
> 860.535.2080
> www.fpdc.com
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
> 
> For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]
> 
> To Unsubscribe, send an email to:Sprinklerforum-
> [email protected]
> (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to