This message is to address Jim Roberts previous post.

There are a number of other military documents which come into play
with the systems over here in Afghanistan. Specifically concerning
initial bed-down buildings versus buildings built further into the
campaign. One specifically being "The Sand Book" AR415 and Air Force
Engineering Technical Letter 09-4 and other Army documents.

There are obvious issues with water supply and resources at the
various installations and the situation varies greatly to the specific
location.

I am currently in Afghanistan supporting Task Force Protecting Our
Warriors and Electrical Resources (POWER) conducting fire safety
inspections on buildings at various locations around the country. I
will send you my contact information offline and I would be interested
to see if there is an opportunity for us to meet up while you are here
so that two like minded individuals could discuss the situation on the
ground.


Safe Travels!

Justin Reid

AON Fire Protection Engineering

*
*

*Tue Dec 28 18:25:16 CST 2010*

*Jim Roberts:*

The technical parts of this discussion have been interesting.

I may have lost something in the trail of emails, but is there anything in
UFC 3-600-01 or other UFC standards that require  velocity limitations.

I have to go to Afghanistan in a couple of weeks  to inspect some systems
that were done by a South Korean company.  Prior to that we have to
evaluate and do calcs. where pipe was schedule sized.  The fire protection
work for the bases is supposed to conform to UFC 3-600-01, but no other
govt. stds. that I know of.  Because these buildings are not likely to be
long term, conservative design is not necessary and as many have pointed
out, 0.10/3000 is twice the norm anyway.

I respectfully request no political commentary with the answer.

Thanks in advance,
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to