I should have taken a picture. I have never seen anything like it. The head 
 has no fusible link so the thought of it being some type of cleaning 
system  makes sense. But it appears to be being fed off a piece of 1" pipe with 
no  shutoffs. The fire department shut off the valve just feeding the trash 
chute  and the water stopped. I am just really confused with the lack of 
accessibility  to the head and the contraption it being fed off. Almost like a 
giant metal  lampshade with something brass in the middle with a single 
lever. Also, a 1"  galvanized street elbow coming off the contraption with a 
1x1/2 bushing for the  head. I just ewant to be able to reconnect the union and 
put it back in service  but not sure how.
 
 
In a message dated 1/4/2012 4:09:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email protected] writes:

If it is  tied into the rest of the system, it's probably not a wash down.  
They  normally have a valve and open head for that.  What you described 
with  the lever sounded like one.

Jamie
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan  4, 2012, at 2:55 PM, [email protected] wrote:

> When I arrived, the  Fire Department had already been there. The fire 
pump  
> started.  Alarms had activated. So I'm assuming this is tied into the 
rest of 
>  the  system. What activates the "wash down?' There was no fusible link.  
My 
> guess is  it is supposed to be set up that way?
>  
> 
> In a message dated 1/4/2012 3:52:56 P.M. Eastern Standard  Time,  
> [email protected] writes:
> 
> That   sounds more like a "wash down" sprinkler used to clean the   chute.
> 
> Jamie
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> On  Jan 4, 2012, at 2:46 PM,  [email protected] wrote:
> 
>> I  had a sprinkler head go off at the top of  a trash chute today. The  
> head  
>> is in an unreachable position  inside  the middle the top of the chute.  
> It is 
>> also being  fed  off some kind of contraption I have never seen. Some 
type 
>  
>> of  large baffle with a 1" street elbow coming off of it and  something 
in 
> the  
>> middle with a lever. There are  heads on every floor, just  inside the 
> trash 
>>  chute  doors, which is common. Does anybody  know what type of  
assembly 
> this 
>> is at the  very top center of   the chute? How can I possible change 
this 
> head 
>> if I  can't  even  get near it? I broke the 1" union feeding this 
>  contraption 
>> which  was  located outside the chute. I  just plugged it and need to 
> figure  
>> out where to  go  from here. Any help would be greatly  appreciated.
>>  Thanks,
>> Dave
>> -------------- next part   --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>  URL:  
>  
<http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120104/ae07e458/attachment.html>
>>  _______________________________________________
>> Sprinklerforum  mailing  list
>> [email protected]
>>  http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
>  _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum   mailing  list
> [email protected]
>  http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
>  
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment  was scrubbed...
> URL:  
<http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120104/03c0a93e/attachment.html>
>  _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing  list
> [email protected]
>  http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum  mailing  list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120104/e89a5515/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to