From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Matthew J. Willis
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 8:21 AM
To: 'Charles Thurston'; sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Golf Ball Commodity Class

About 40 years ago I placed one in our oven. When my mother pre-heated this old
gas box, the ball expanded very quick and bounced around the inside of the oven
creating damage. Later I cut one open and found the inside to be basically lots
of tight wound rubber bands around a hard rubber "super ball". Not sure what
they are made of now, but I hear there is a golf course up the street here. I
could go ask if I can come in to conduct testing...

R/
Matt