Has anyone had to provide prying action factors to seismic calculations for the
Department of State Architecture. I have been requested by DSA to:'Provide
calculations showing 4 way brace connections to take ZOE loads per NFPA 13 Sec.
9.3.5.5.3 and include prying action on fasteners per OPA 0601 p. 5.4' . I have
attached the sheet from the document and have to be totally honest that I have
never had to provide this before.  I use AFCON's Bracing Calculation Program
and would like to know if I am going to have to end up doing the calculation by
hand to add the prying factor. If someone can briefly explain how the prying
factor works I would be indebted to thee  for the rest of my short natural
life.
 I could send a copy of Sheet 5.4 of the OPA #601 to anyone that can help.

Thank You,
George Medina Jr.