NFPA 25, as I recall, used to require same manufacturer but that was
changed a few years ago to Same characteristics/ specs.

I only mentioned same manufacturer in the purpose of this thread, changing
K Factor on obsolete recalled sprinklers.

You would have to look in 25 for clarification.

I do know that the replacement models that Tyco used in the replacement
program were approved of by the federal government.