Last week I was at an ASCET meeting where a pump presentation was given.

Someone asked the presenter if it was allowed to remove the test header
valves and keep them in the pump room to stop them from being stolen.

The presenter and few other attendees chimed in that this was ok, and
nothing in 20 or 25 said the valves had to be constantly in place.

I didn't think of it at the time, but now I'm asking myself how then do you
keep debris out of the test header?  The only thing I can think of is that
you would have to cap the nipples or if you remove the nipples, plug the
holes in the test header.  This sounds like it will cause problems down the
road to me.

Have you guys ever seen this done before?

Benjamin Young
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to