I use the 12" from the ceiling then protect under obstructions over 4' wide 
rules. With that simple explanation I've never had an arch not get it.  Of 
course I've never had an arch care about above the ceiling.  Just why we're 
putting them in their clouds. 

Chris Cahill, PE*
Associate Fire Protection Engineer 
Burns & McDonnell
Phone:  952.656.3652
Fax:  952.229.2923
[email protected]
www.burnsmcd.com
*Registered in: MN


Proud to be #14 on FORTUNE's 2014 List of 100 Best Companies to Work For




-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike 
Hairfield
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 9:16 AM
To: AFSA SprinklerFORUM
Subject: Ceiling Clouds Again

I should have saved all the info on Ceiling Clouds but to no avail I deleted 
them.
 
OK here is my situation, the room has a ceiling that the opening between the 
wall and ceiling is 24" wide. The room is approximately 24' wide by 40' long 
also in the middle of the room is a 24" wide gap between the ceilings.
 
The ceiling height is 9'-0" A.F.F. and the roof deck is 14'-0" to t.o.s.
 
The Architect can not understand that this room needs sprinkler protection 
above and below.
 
Now where in NFPA-13 do I find this requirement?
 
Thanks,
 
Mike
                                          
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to