Unfortunately the contractors in this industry have really failed to
collaborate on a standard response to this question.
There was a knowledgeable insurance rep who used to comment on these
questions but he hasn't for some time.
The legal recommendation seems to be to "see no evil hear no evil."
Do you see a terrorist training camp doing the inspection? Dont document
it.
Recalled fire sprinklers? Dont document it.
Missing fire sprinklers? Dont document it.
A stupid China made pressure gauge that is 5 years old? Document that
because it's in NFPA 25.