From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org]
On Behalf Of Larry Keeping
Sent: Thursday, 15 September 2016 3:32 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Noncombustible concealed space

I would offer two points for your consideration:

1.      There was an old formal interpretation that advised that deletion of
sprinklers above a duct was a question for the AHJ, who could access all of
the circumstances.

2.      Sprinklers above open grid ceilings need to be in compliance with
Section 8.15.14.

Larry Keeping