From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Travis Mack, SET
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:39 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Freezer Cooler Single Interlock Pre Action

You are talking Class IV to 20'.  I assume double row racks, 8' aisles,
non-encapsulated.

That is 0.495/2000 for ceiling only sprinklers.

If you max out at 100 sq ft, you are basically 50 gpm / sprinkler.

If you use the 11.2 dry pendent sprinklers, you will have a starting pressure
of about 20 psi.

Calculate 20+ sprinklers.  The demand should be between 1000-1100 gpm.  You
will need 500 gpm demand in lieu of the 250 gpm demand for ESFR.

Your water supply seems strong enough to deliver 1500-1600 gpm with the pump
you suggested.

That would give you the wet system, dry pendents, and the 11.2 dry pendent is
less cost than your 16.8 dry ESFR

Travis Mack, SET

MFP Design, LLC

2508 E Lodgepole Drive