I would ask them how that is a listed discharge device required per NFPA.

If you can get past that, I would just ask what is the minimum flow and
pressure they require at the point of connection to that pipe. It sounds like
they have done this before.

Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
"Follow" us on Facebook: