Greg,
The first issue that came to my mind was that the duct detector is frequently provided with power from the HVAC system and not from the FACU or releasing panel. I don't know the logistics of what you're dealing with or whether that issue might have some impact however that might be worth looking into. I have to admit I'd never heard of something like this. That by itself doesn't mean it's outside the listing or the guidance in -72 or -13, just that I've never run across this configuration.
*Ken Wagoner, SET
*Parsley Consulting***
*350 West 9th Avenue, Suite 206
*Escondido, California 92025